newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-10-2016, 02:30 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-08-2016 05:31 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  Changes in this version:
* Menus are enabled! Finally, although a couple of libraries still don't have menus, most menus are in place.
* Main menu assigned to SYMB key. Other menus: ARITH, CMPLX (key 1), TIME (key 9), PRG (key N) are also available from the keyboard (also from the main menu). The CHARS (key N) is VAR for the time being.
* On-VAR swaps the menus
* On-VAR long press hides the second menu
* Added many commands for polynomials.
* Added Date and Time commands
* Some string manipulations commands discussed in this forum were added.

Here are some initial comments:

- At the beginning, the calculator displayed an "alarm event" message each time it was turned on. I think that the ACK command solved the problem.

- In the TIME menu, there are strange commands like MEMCHEK, MEMFIX, READCFI, PEEK, POKE, and also the MEM command that seems misplaced.

- The PRG / TEXT menu is identical to the PRG / LOCAL menu

- It would be nice if the help text could also display the entire name of the command, especially for long names that are partially masked in the soft menus.

- Currently the commands are displayed in the first soft menu (the black one). Is there a flag which would allow the commands to appear directly in the white soft menus?

- for the MENUSWAP shortcut, I don't like having to press too keys at the same time. I would prefer for example Right shift then Right cursor (I don't remember if this sequence is already used somewhere). On the other hand, I suppose I'll be able to make my own shortcuts when key assignments are implemented.

- the Right Shift CHARS shortcut is useless, since SYMB / VARS do the same thing, with two key presses as well.

Jean-Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Helix - 11-10-2016 02:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)