newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-09-2016, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2016 09:57 PM by Claudio L..)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-09-2016 11:22 AM)Vtile Wrote:  Finally I installed the Demo.. Still trying to figure out the key layout.

I also have one QoL improvement idea. Here is a square root of 3 as we see there is plenty of decimals.

Wouldn't it be good to see on the information area the running number of cursor to show which decimal you are looking at?
Edit. To palying with the idea even further: would there be any use of a functionality of rounding, splitting and copying the number from certain point to stack. I don't know if this would be handy to anything, atleast I don't see a personal use, but like said playing with the idea.

I'm not sure I understood what you mean. If you are talking about copy/paste portions of a number, you can already do that.
Use Left-Shift + left/right cursor to define a block, Left-Shift-Hold+Left to copy, Left-Shift-Hold+Right to paste.

EDIT: Actually, much easier way: just add a space wherever you want and hit enter, you'll have several numbers in the stack.

I could see use for an editor feature that would allow you to round a number at the cursor location, and delete all digits to the right.
Let's say you have 1.2345999999999... (32 digits total), so you edit the number, move the cursor to the right of the 5 and hit this special key, it will round the 5 to a 6 and delete the digits to the right without affecting the rest of the text in the editor.
Is that what you meant?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED November-08-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 11-09-2016 09:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)