newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-19-2016, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2016 08:57 PM by Claudio L..)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED September-17-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(09-19-2016 07:25 PM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  
(09-19-2016 06:48 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  Isn't there a 49g+ owner who (also owns a 50g and therefore) could lend his (old) calculator to Claudio for a couple of weeks? This would allow him to systematically change the configuration of port pins and measure the power consumption. It would also allow him to compare the 49g+ and 50g directly while performing the tests. I guess this would considerably speed up the process of identifying that unknown hardware difference causing the problem, and thereby grow the newRPL install base and help the (new)RPL community in general. :-)

Greetings,

Matthias

(PS. I don't own a 49g+, otherwise I would volunteer to lend my calculator.)

A very sensible suggestion. Claudio, do you want to PM me with your contact details? I can certainly live without my 49g+ for more than a few weeks, if needed!

Nigel (UK)

Sounds like a good idea, however I don't see myself being able to work on that in the next few weeks. Measuring current on real hardware requires me to be at my place with all the equipment setup, versus my usual approach of "let's code a few lines wherever and whenever I find a few minutes to kill".
Here's what we'll do: I'll setup everything, and investigate how to bring the 50g from those 48 mA down to the 12 mA where's supposed to be. Then I'll let you know I'm ready and I'll borrow your 49G+ to tweak that one and ship it back as quick as I can. It may be January before I'm ready, though, but we'll get it done.

Edit: I can't believe there's still some 49G+ in good shape, mine fell apart so quickly!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED September-17-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 09-19-2016 08:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)