newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-12-2016, 08:14 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED July-25-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(09-12-2016 04:19 PM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  I've managed to obtain a second-hand HP-50g in decent condition to run newRPL on. I've flashed it and my HP-49g+ with the latest firmware.

The 49g+ power consumption is unchanged from my previous measurements - 4mA when turned off; about 42mA when the calculator is on.

The 50g draws \(29\,\mu\rm A\) when turned off. However, to my great surprise it draws 48 mA when turned on and doing nothing. Is this the expected power consumption? Has the latest firmware caused a problem, or do I have an "odd" machine?

Nigel (UK)

I didn't measure myself yet, but it's supposed to be around 12 mA, based on old posts.
In a couple of days I'll update the firmware, I've changed much of the power management of the SD card, hopefully that consumption will come down. There were a couple of bugs I fixed:
* The SD card controller was kept ON all the time, while it was supposed to be powered off when not in use.
* Some pins were incorrectly programmed thinking the controller was off, but the controller was working, this could've caused some current leaks.
* Now I'm sending ACMD 42 to the SD cards to disconnect an internal pull-up resistor on DAT3 that some (all?) cards have. This could've also caused some leaks.

Also, now SD card insertion/removal is detected and an interrupt is issued, so pins are reconfigured accordingly at the proper moment.

Stay tuned for the update.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED July-25-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 09-12-2016 08:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)