newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
08-13-2016, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2016 05:32 PM by Vtile.)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED July-25-16] Firmware for testing available for download
Hmm...

I think ( or "I quess" depending which is less affirmative) if someone is using the F for capacitor or H for inductor are not familiar with the system.

As that british standard ( If we keep the hypothesis that the notation did come in wider use in electronics from there ) indicates that R (resistance) is user for Resistors and C (capacitance) for Capacitors. Applying similar logic for inductor the only possible decimal marking for factor 1 would be L (inductance), suprise not I as inductace, but L as it is used in electrical calculus.

Something I just realised that it is not I, but L .. where on earth these come from a latin word for 'loop' IDK to honor Heinrich Lenz ( http://electronics.stackexchange.com/que...9542#29542 ).. Because I is already used for current.

Now the BS 1852 use K for kilo and M for mega. New schematics use non-capital letter k for kilo and all other kinds of markings for other magnitudes not found on that standard I assume. Some of them are atleast:

m for milli
u for mikro
n for nano
p for pico

Now the system doesn't identify the type of component for other magnitudes than 1, so they only work when used in place where environment gives the type R,L,C ie. schematics with the drawing symbols or physical device (which used to be more different in form as these days with tiny surface mount granules)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED July-25-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Vtile - 08-13-2016 05:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)