newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
06-24-2016, 10:26 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED June-22-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(06-24-2016 04:35 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  A very interesting list of SD-commands
Code:
SDNEXTFILE
SDOPENDIR
SDEOF
SDFILESIZE
SDTELL
SDSEEKCUR
SDSEEKEND
SDSEEKSTA
SDREADLINE
SDWRITETEXT
SDREADTEXT
SDCLOSE
SDOPENMOD
SDOPENAPP
SDOPENWR
SDOPENEND
SDPGDIR
SDMKDIR
SDCHDIR
SDRCL
SDSTO
SDSETPART
SDRESET

Look at this glitch
"This is some text" 'test' SDSTO
'test' will be turned into 'TEST' on the sdcard, which is o.k. as FAT doesn't distinguish between capital and lower characters.
BUT the command 'test' SDRCL will result in an error message "File not found". 'TEST' SDRCL works of course.

Next step: "another text" 'test' SDSTO will create a file "test;" which then is not accessible from the calculator. Now I change that name on the sdcard to 'test1' and SDRCL will work correctly

Günter

Not exactly a glitch, though it doesn't sound like it's working properly, I must have some misconfiguration of the file system.
What you see is a method I devised years ago to have case-sensitive files on a FAT filesystem. It's supposed to work like this:

';' is not allowed in FAT short names, but it is on long names.
'test' SDSTO is supposed to create a file 'test;' on the SD card.
'test' SDRCL is supposed to open that file 'test;'
'TEST' SDSTO is supposed to create a file 'TEST', which will coexist with 'test;' without a problem.
While you can see the semicolons when you put the SD card on a PC, the calculator should present all names without the semicolons.

More than one semicolon are appended to make case-equivalent files different. For example:
'Test' SDSTO and 'test' SDSTO will create 2 files:
'Test;' and 'test;;'
The second semicolon makes it coexist with the other file, otherwise they will be identical names (FAT is case-insensitive).

I'll investigate and make it work properly if it isn't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED June-22-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 06-24-2016 10:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)