newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
06-24-2016, 02:00 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED June-22-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(06-23-2016 08:04 PM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  Just to let you know that the high current draw problem with newRPL on my HP49G+ continues with this new release: "on" current of about 40 mA, "off" current of about 4 mA, and - with right shift pressed and ON held down - an amazing draw of 150 mA!

Is anyone else with an HP49G+ having the same problem? Or is there something wrong with my machine? It looks like I'll have to buy myself another HP50g if I am to use newRPL on a regular basis.

Nigel (UK)

(06-23-2016 08:59 PM)JoJo1973 Wrote:  I confirm the battery drain bug on my HP49G+. A fresh set of batteries lasts about a week before discharging completely. Backup battery is unaffected, though.

We need to come up with a plan, as I don't have a 49G+ to test on. First of all, I need you to download and flash the latest firmware, which includes 2 new commands PEEK and POKE that we can use for debugging. I'll start thinking about the current drain and will give you a series of POKE's to try out while you measure the current. Stay tuned.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED June-22-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 06-24-2016 02:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)