newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
06-16-2016, 01:38 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED May-06-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(06-16-2016 12:32 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  I think it should be a "preferred exponent" that you can change at will (perhaps it has to be a separate mode, as ENG chooses the best exponent for you). For example, if your preferred exponent is set to 3, all number displays will be forced to display as NNNE3, and all units would be forced to have the k prefix.

I think that such "preferred exponent" is not needed, in fact it can be counter-intuitive. Nobody expects to get capacitance values in kF, MF or whatever prefix greater than 1 (or even m) you select but, on the other side, few people want to see resistance values in n\(\Omega\) or p\(\Omega\). I think that the system choosing the "right" exponent (in such a way that, at the left of the dot/comma, there are 1, 2 or 3 significant digits) is the right way. I think there's an Android calculator (HiPER Scientific Calculator? not sure, I no longer have and android phone, in fact I no longer have a mobile phone at all) that supports this mode.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED May-06-16] Firmware for testing available for download - emece67 - 06-16-2016 01:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)