newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
06-04-2016, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 12:28 AM by Claudio L..)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED May-06-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(06-03-2016 09:22 PM)JoJo1973 Wrote:  Definitely not. BTW your previous remark about division by zero reminded me a question I wanted to ask you: will NewRPL have a "complex mode" like the original firmware or will the functions seamlessly return results in the appropriate domain?

I'm asking because some calculations (e.g. SQRT(-1)) return complex results if possible while others (e.g. LN(-1)) yield "Argument Outside Domain" error.

It already has a complex mode: you can enable it with
-103 SF
Sorry, I didn't give it a proper name yet because it isn't finished, so you have to use the flag number (soon it will be either 'COMPLEX' SF or 'CPLXMODE' SF). You'll see a C in the status area. when enabled.

Many transcendental functions are already working but it's still a work in progress (ASINH, ACOSH, ATANH, LOG and ALOG are not done yet if I remember correctly).

The fact SQRT returns a complex when not in complex mode is a bug you just found: I forgot to check for the complex mode flag on that one.

I debated for a long time about removing the mode and having different sets of commands for complex (like CSIN, CCOS, etc.), but I hit a wall with the overloadable operators.
If we want -1 0.5 ^ to return a complex or give an error, and we can't have a parallel set of operators, there's no choice but to have a complex mode controlled by a flag.

EDIT: BTW, division by zero returns an error "Infinite result". This error can be disabled with the flag -22, so functions can return infinity without complaining.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED May-06-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 06-04-2016 12:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)