newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
04-19-2016, 05:14 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Apr-17-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(04-18-2016 02:17 PM)fhub Wrote:  Claudio, just a question:

are you still working on the PC-emulation of your newRPL, or is this project dead? Wink

Franz

Not dead! Actually, newRPL is developed and tested on that same PC emulator. But compiling and putting together an installer takes a lot of work, versus just compiling a firmware. The PC binaries are updated every 6 months or so, while the calculator ROM is updated roughly monthly.
I did prepare a template of a skinnable version, it compiles and allows you to change the scale of the emulated screen and keyboard. Looks good, but that's all it does for now, until the "guts" of newRPL are ported to it. My time became even more limited in the last couple of months so it's sitting there until I have some larger chunk of time to work on it. It takes some substantial work to get it done, while working on new commands or features of newRPL is easier to subdivide into smaller tasks, and that fits better my current schedule, that's all. But it's nor dead not forgotten.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Apr-17-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 04-19-2016 05:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)