newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
04-12-2016, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2016 10:47 PM by Francois Lanciault.)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Mar-09-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(04-12-2016 01:17 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 10:09 AM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  One extra piece of information that might give a clue: I've left the calculator turned off for about 2 hours and the current settled at about 4 mA. Removing the SD card causes the current to jump up to 10 mA. Re-inserting the card causes the current to drop back to 4 mA again, even before the card is properly seated. Simply having the card mostly in without pushing causes the current to drop.

Nigel (UK)

Good info, thanks. I'll look into the SD card pins.
However, I haven't changed batteries in several weeks, and 4mA with 800 mAh rechargeable batteries should last 200 hrs, or 8 days and change. Add normal daily usage at work and I should've been replacing batteries every week or more often.
That tells me my unit doesn't leak current like yours, but I have no idea why. Han reported big power consumption too, I'd like to hear if he still has that problem.

I will check power consumption on mine tonight and report.

Edit...

Here is what I get on a HP-50G with Newrpl hooked to a 6 volts regulated power supply

Calculator ON : 42.3 milliAmps
Calculator OFF: 21.7 microAmps (2000 times less than ON state)

Same values with or without the SD card installed

François
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Mar-09-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Francois Lanciault - 04-12-2016 01:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)