newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
01-31-2016, 04:09 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Jan-07-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(01-30-2016 09:10 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(01-30-2016 04:00 AM)timofonic Wrote:  How does this project can be compared to the original HP50G ecosystem?

- It would be nice to do some comparison tables:
* Features
* 3rd party apps.

How is this compared to RPL/2?

What about HP Prime RPN?

How do you compare something that isn't finished? newRPL is very young and constantly evolving. A feature not implemented now doesn't mean it can't be implemented later. As far as completeness, it will always fall short compared to the 50g, until the code matures.

(01-30-2016 04:00 AM)timofonic Wrote:  Would be possible to adopt the code or features from WP34S/WP25S?

Thanks for your replies Wink
Not really, they are very different.
However, algorithms and ideas are always portable.

Oh, I see. It would be nice to maintain a matrix about what's implemented and a planning. Some projects do that, specially FOSS ones.

What about uploading it to GitLab or GitHub? Make a small website (it can appear on GitHub, no need to configure a webserver and a CMS) and promote it to get contributors Big Grin

You have an oldie looking site and the code in SF. I didn't find a direct link of it Sad

What are those over 700 functions from? Compared to what ones?
http://hpgcc3.org/projects/newrpl/projec...led-status

I see it more like this, but more simple. Just a matrix comparing it with the functions of different RPL implementations.
https://mesamatrix.net/

It's just a suggestion. I'm sure you're very busy and prefer to spend your time coding this great project.

Kind regards.

What license do you use?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Jan-07-16] Firmware for testing available for download - timofonic - 01-31-2016 04:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)