newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
01-25-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Jan-07-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(01-25-2016 12:06 AM)Helix Wrote:  I've played with the menus, and I'm curious about some observations:

- the sequence: MENUSWAP {"ABC"} TMENU masks the variable menu, and I don't know how to recover it.

The VAR key... except we don't have any yet.
In the meanwhile, you can use menu codes with TMENU.
The VARS menu is << #40000h TMENU >>.

(01-25-2016 12:06 AM)Helix Wrote:  - In your previous example where the display object is << IF -1 FC? THEN "DOWN" ELSE "UP" END >> I don't understand how changing the -1 flag *automatically* updates the menu. The same automatic update occurs with variables too. How this magic is done internally?

When the display object is a program, the program is executed every time the menu is displayed. Changing the flag doesn't automatically refresh the menu, but ending your program does. Unless you FREEZE (not implemented yet) the screen, everything gets updated when the calculator goes idle.
If you set the flag and run a long loop, you won't see the menu updated immediately.

(01-25-2016 12:06 AM)Helix Wrote:  - {display decoration} seems not to work if display is a program

That's by design. You either provide a program, or a list { display decoration } ready for display. A list containing a program is not a valid combination (the program is displayed as-is, not evaluated to prevent infinite loops).
If you provide a program, then the program is supposed to take care of everything, including the decoration. Nothing prevents the program from returning a list { display decoration }, which will be processed in the usual way.
So you don't put a program in { display decoration }, you make a program that returns {display decoration }.

(01-25-2016 12:06 AM)Helix Wrote:  - the decoration item remains somewhat mysterious. I've found that 2 inverts the display, but I've not found the "directory", "checked checkmark", "unchecked" checkmark" options…

Only the directory and inverted are implemented for now, no checkmarks yet (I need to design a nice-looking tick mark).
The numbers are bits, so 1, 2, 4, etc. 1=directory, 2=inverted, (and their combination 1 OR 2 = 3, inverted directory) and that's all I implemented so far.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Jan-07-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 01-25-2016 12:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)