newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
01-18-2016, 09:07 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Jan-07-16] Firmware for testing available for download
(01-18-2016 04:31 PM)fhub Wrote:  Yes, I've already downloaded and tried it - in priciple it is working, but it's very uncomfortable to use it without actually having the HP49/50 keyboard in sight.
I've even opened a window with the HP50 image at the same time, but it would of course be much better being able to really 'use' the HP50 keyboard (as in the usual emulator).
Would it be hard to implement KML scripting (incl. a HP50 BMP) into your simulator?

Franz

Good to hear the installer works.
I see what you mean, I often open the 50g picture from Wikipedia in my browser, has a nice resolution and you can read all keys just fine.
At one point I started creating a blank image of the 50g keyboard, to print the newRPL labels on. But the project took more than a weekend, so it was abandoned.
Implementing KML scripts is probably not too hard, but it's a whole project on its own. I'm not sure it's reasonable for me to spend too much time on the simulator, I'd rather spend the little time I have on the newRPL core.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Jan-07-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 01-18-2016 09:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)