newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
01-17-2016, 08:44 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Jan-07-16] Firmware for testing available for download
Another new user! I've just installed newRPL on my HP-49g+ with no trouble at all. When the "WAIT RESET" screen appeared I pulled out one of the batteries for a few seconds, put it back in, and everything went smoothly. (Paperclip reset never seems to work for me - maybe I just can't bring myself to press hard enough!)

The keyboard is fine with no multiple bounce problems. Everything seems to be working and I look forward to using it over the next few days.

Two points:
  • How can I hide the VAR menu? Earlier posts in this thread suggest that long-press VARS will do this, but it doesn't, at least not for me. If I can't hide it this isn't a problem - there's plenty of space - but I wondered whether this might be a problem with the HP-49g+ keyboard.
  • I've made a menu with TMENU. The text in the "black blocks" goes right up to the top line of black pixels, making it harder to read than if there was one more line of black. Is this deliberate?

Also, is it possible to change the display format of numbers yet?

Congratulations on a brilliant piece of work!

Nigel (UK)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Jan-07-16] Firmware for testing available for download - Nigel (UK) - 01-17-2016 08:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)