newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
12-16-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Dec-02-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(12-16-2015 12:12 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  I guess you figured out for yourself that TICKS gives you the time in microseconds, so instead of dividing by 8192 like the old days, just use 1e6.
Time is in microseconds but the clock resolution is actually 100 kHz, so you'll see a granularity of 10 in the resulting number. Still much more accurate than the old TICKS.
I don't think it's documented anywhere yet.

Yes I used 1E6 as it was what looked like the right value, but thanks to confirm this.

(12-16-2015 12:12 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  So your code is just integers and loops, 2 things that newRPL excels at, which justifies the high multiples you got. When you start throwing in floating point operations, the decimal library brings the speed more in line with reality (about 100x vs the 50g).
In that case I think the Prime will be much faster. newRPL beating the Prime is little more than an optical illusion, as the Prime runs at 400 MHz, vs. 192 MHz of newRPL. So don't expect newRPL to beat the Prime in general, but if the codes are equally efficient, you should see a 0.5x more or less. Anything above that is a reason to celebrate!

Yes but newRPL computes by default with a lot more decimals than the Prime... So speed comparison needs to be performed with roughly equal accuracy.
I do have a floating point benchmark also (only tested on about 30 calculators) so I will try this one too and report.
What is the command on newRPL to switch to 12 digits or so accuracy ?

François
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Dec-02-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Francois Lanciault - 12-16-2015 02:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)