newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-24-2015, 12:52 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-24-2015 12:05 AM)Helix Wrote:  
(11-23-2015 10:54 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  I think you are hitting the right nail. I believe we can solve your problem with one key (and only one).

Here's how:
  • One key will "SWAP" the first and second menus.
  • One flag will determine whether the commands (like CST) change the first or the second menu.

For example, initially the second menu will be VARS, and all menu changes will go into menu 1.
If you wanted to change the VARS menu to be the first, just hit the menu swap key, and if you want, change the flag so all changes affect the second menu, so your VARS doesn't change.
If you wanted to change VARS into some other command menu, you could just SWAP, change, then SWAP again.

This way, we achieve the following:
  • No additional keypresses to use the menus (vs. the hp48)
  • One menu becomes semi-permanent, the other one changes all the time, but both menus can change arbitrarily.
  • You can use VARS in whichever menu you want.
  • We need only one extra key

I like it!!
We still need another "key" to call the VARS menu when it is not displayed (that’s the reason why I suggested a long press on VAR). But that shouln't be a big problem, and your solution seems easy to use and perfectly valid.

I like this idea as well. I'm looking forward to testing it out in the future. One item that I am not clear on though is the "NXT" key for each menu. Will the 6th softkey be the "NXT" key for each menu if there are 7 or more menu items?

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Han - 11-24-2015 12:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)