newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-22-2015, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2015 09:11 PM by Helix.)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
I'm still thinking about the two independent menus. I think it would be great, because since the beginning I'm not comfortable with the variable menu assigned to the G..L keys. I would prefer to have the variable menu associated to the A..F keys, and the command menu to the G..L keys. Just a matter of preference.

But this raises several questions.

When one menu is a command menu and the other a variable menu, in principle there is no difficulty: something like left Shift PRG will affect the command menu, and something like UPDIR will affect the variable menu. But which menu will be changed by CST for example?

And how to display two command menus?

When two command menus are displayed, we need a way to know which menu will be changed, so a switching method must be implemented.

Then, what to do to return to a variable menu? VAR is not possible, because it has become command in this situation. Perhaps a long press on VAR, but it is already used for masking the second menu. Or this latter action should be shifted to another key: APPS, MODE, TOOL?

Jean-Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Helix - 11-22-2015 09:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)