newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-17-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-17-2015 09:08 PM)Han Wrote:  These are perfectly valid points. Just thinking "aloud" : what about having error messages specifically appear up at the top, then? Unless the command line is multiple lines and spans the entire screen, the top of the screen is the stack. More likely an error message would not cover up anything but the stack and the screen should not ever have to jump. This would keep the error message behavior similar to that of the older HP48 series, too.
The editor can grow up and cover all the stack on large objects. While we could shrink the editor to make room for the error at the top, it will jump just the same when it disappears, as we'd have to shrink it back.
But, editing in full-screen mode is not so common, perhaps I'll do errors and popup messages on top when the VARS menu is off.

(11-17-2015 09:08 PM)Han Wrote:  Speaking of errors, I managed to get the "Exception: Data abort" screen using:

{ + } 1 +
Good catch:
The + is an overloaded operator, which calls the handler of one of its operands. Turns out you are giving an overloaded operator as an operand, so the handler calls itself ad-infinitum, causing a nasty stack overflow.
I fixed it now. Operands cannot be overloadable operators, in that case it just calls the other argument handler, or does nothing if it's the only argument.

(11-17-2015 09:08 PM)Han Wrote:  However, none of the menu options (Cont/Exit/Warmstart/Reset) seem to work; I had to use the reset hole -- which worked fine.

Stack overflow is really hard to recover from, since all routines use it. However, I just tested it and the options are working, but causing more and more exceptions because it keeps trying to read/write the stack beyond the available 4 kbytes.
Remember that Warmstart and Reset can only be activated with shift-hold (for safety).
Just do WarmStart several times until R15 doesn't change anymore, then hit Cont a few more times and it will do the Warmstart, you'll be back at the stack.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 11-17-2015 10:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)