newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-17-2015, 09:08 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-17-2015 07:03 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  When you get the error, the text on the screen "jumps" to make room for the error message, but you kind of expect it. After a couple of seconds, the error disappear but you've already moved on to fix the error in the code. I tried it your way and didn't like the fact that the code "moved" on the screen right when I was trying to work on it, very distracting, so I left the second menu on after an error. I could change it and see what the feedback is, I personally found it better to not move the text unexpectedly.

These are perfectly valid points. Just thinking "aloud" : what about having error messages specifically appear up at the top, then? Unless the command line is multiple lines and spans the entire screen, the top of the screen is the stack. More likely an error message would not cover up anything but the stack and the screen should not ever have to jump. This would keep the error message behavior similar to that of the older HP48 series, too.

Speaking of errors, I managed to get the "Exception: Data abort" screen using:

{ + } 1 +

However, none of the menu options (Cont/Exit/Warmstart/Reset) seem to work; I had to use the reset hole -- which worked fine.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Han - 11-17-2015 09:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)