newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-17-2015, 07:03 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-17-2015 03:19 PM)Han Wrote:  When exactly 6 variables exist, then the NXT key behaves like a soft key, but when more than 6 variables exist then NXT behaves like regular NXT. I am not sure if I favor having NXT stay permanently as NXT, but it does make things more consistent. And in that same vein, I suppose we could make F6 behave like a separate NXT for the command menu.
The original idea was to turn NXT into a soft-key freeing the key for other uses. The pro was one more key free to be reassigned, the con was that soft menus loose the 6th spot (unless exactly 6 items are present, that is). But at the time I thought having a dual menu compensated for the lost spot.
I'm open for change on this, but I like the fact that when you design an application with INFORM or so, you can choose to have exactly 6 options and use all spots.

(11-17-2015 03:19 PM)Han Wrote:  Incidentally, when the VARS menu is turned off, and an error message is generated, the VARS menu is turned back on (after the error message goes away).
When you get the error, the text on the screen "jumps" to make room for the error message, but you kind of expect it. After a couple of seconds, the error disappear but you've already moved on to fix the error in the code. I tried it your way and didn't like the fact that the code "moved" on the screen right when I was trying to work on it, very distracting, so I left the second menu on after an error. I could change it and see what the feedback is, I personally found it better to not move the text unexpectedly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 11-17-2015 07:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)