newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-17-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(11-17-2015 02:09 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(11-17-2015 01:28 PM)Han Wrote:  Some observations:
1. Typing in variable names leaves the on the stack without the ' mark (on the HP48, the ' mark would be displayed with the name)
Quoted and unquoted variables are different objects. An unquoted variable that doesn't exist returns itself to the stack, and it's shown the way it is.

Makes sense.

Quote:
(11-17-2015 01:28 PM)Han Wrote:  2. ADD and + seem to be reversed on the HP48 (ADD treats lists like vectors whereas + catenates lists).
This was by design, discussed long time ago...

I actually like the current design. It just seems more natural to have + do vector addition on lists.

Quote:
(11-17-2015 01:28 PM)Han Wrote:  4. When the secondary menu is turned off, the APPS through NXT keys still behave as they were variable keys (in my opinion, they should not). Moreover the NXT key pages through the variables but I would expect this to affect the non-variable menu if the secondary menu is turned off.
This is to be determined. We are going to need another NXT for the command menu, and turning off the VARS menu shouldn't change that. Perhaps NXT would become a duplicate of the other NXT, and STO a duplicate of HIST, but it might be too confusing.

When exactly 6 variables exist, then the NXT key behaves like a soft key, but when more than 6 variables exist then NXT behaves like regular NXT. I am not sure if I favor having NXT stay permanently as NXT, but it does make things more consistent. And in that same vein, I suppose we could make F6 behave like a separate NXT for the command menu.

Incidentally, when the VARS menu is turned off, and an error message is generated, the VARS menu is turned back on (after the error message goes away).

Quote:
(11-17-2015 01:28 PM)Han Wrote:  6. Having [alpha] + up/down (while holding alpha) for autocompletion searches feels clunky. Tap [alpha] once for caps lock, and if you are a bit slow in pressing and holding alpha while using up/down, then the alpha mode switches to lower case.

I don't understand, pressing and holding alpha will switch the caps mode temporarily, if you press up/down it will always return to the mode you were before.
It will only change to lowercase if you press alpha and never press up/down or any other key.
The other shifts are used for navigation already. Any other keys where we could move autocomplete?

I see now. It does indeed do exactly as you describe. I don't know why I didn't see it return to the previous mode.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Han - 11-17-2015 03:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)