newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
11-17-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
Glad you found the compiler flag that caused the problems! Seems crazy that the previous firmwares still worked with only cache memory available to it.

Some observations:
1. Typing in variable names leaves the on the stack without the ' mark (on the HP48, the ' mark would be displayed with the name)
2. ADD and + seem to be reversed on the HP48 (ADD treats lists like vectors whereas + catenates lists).
3. Typing ->col (leftarrow, not - followed by >) would result in an error. I was expecting ->col to be returned as an identifier since it is not a command (I am aware that ->COL is a command).
4. When the secondary menu is turned off, the APPS through NXT keys still behave as they were variable keys (in my opinion, they should not). Moreover the NXT key pages through the variables but I would expect this to affect the non-variable menu if the secondary menu is turned off.
5. Pressing [leftshift][NXT] pages through the variables up until the first page, but does not wrap around like [NXT] does after the last page.
6. Having [alpha] + up/down (while holding alpha) for autocompletion searches feels clunky. Tap [alpha] once for caps lock, and if you are a bit slow in pressing and holding alpha while using up/down, then the alpha mode switches to lower case.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Nov-14-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Han - 11-17-2015 01:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)