newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
10-29-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(10-29-2015 12:02 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(10-29-2015 02:12 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  I understand now what you are suggesting - recalling the variable's current value and inserting into the program being entered indeed is analogous to the proposed 'trailing dot' notation's meaning, i.e. immediate evaluation. Neat.

Except it's not quite equivalent. It produces the same effect when typing on the command line, sure, but not the same effect when you are running a program. Basically you'd be hard-coding the contents of the variable at compile time, the trailing dot replaces the content of the variable at run time.

Sure, yeah of course. But this provides a means to do this, if that is what is desired; using the original, which inserts the VAR RCL into the program lets you use the VAR value at run time (vs. compile time), is still avail able by just typing it. This way, both options (evaluate at compile-time or at run-time) are available.

And I agree these conversations are productive. Thanks for 'sharing your mind' as you build newRPL.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - rprosperi - 10-29-2015 09:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)