newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
10-29-2015, 01:58 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(10-28-2015 02:01 PM)Han Wrote:  During firmware compile time, is it not possible to generate an alphabetical list of all commands and embed this list statically? Perhaps even generate an offset table for offsets to the first A command, first B command, etc. A hash table may also be useful. This is how the entries tables for Jazz and MASD were created for quick lookup.
Not really, at least not the way I designed the libraries.
The core has a simple API to communicate with libraries, and I don't want to break that because it would hurt the expandability of the system. Libraries decide freely what commands to expose and how to store them, so there's no list of commands that could be "extracted", at least not as far as the core system knows.
In the real world, since I copied the same template for all libraries, there's a uniformity in the declarations that could allow to extract a list of commands (not directly, with some parsing effort). But, that would only work for core libraries in ROM, the idea is that user libraries installed will be (future tense) automatically included in autocomplete, just by the fact they are installed in the system, and shouldn't matter if they are written in RPL or C.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 10-29-2015 01:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)