newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
10-28-2015, 09:24 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(10-28-2015 02:30 PM)Han Wrote:  When the command line is active, using left or right shift with a variable will insert: 'VARNAME' RCL or 'VARNAME' STO depending on the shift. I recommend that the these key combinations instead reveal what is stored in the variable (maybe a preview) using the status area at the bottom, or (via the other shift) recall the contents into the program area. Thus, the "." operation can be achieved by pressing the [VAR] key, finding the variable, previewing its contents if necessary, and inserting the content of a directly into the command line.

OR...

I think the use of [LS] [Fn] and [RS] [Fn] to STO to, or RCL from, a variable is such a fundamental feature of command-line RPL that changing it's behavior should be avoided. I've no strong opinion about the other suggestions, but think that some 'core' behavior of RPL must be retained to provide a comfortable environment while users are exploring these interesting newRPL enhancements.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - rprosperi - 10-28-2015 09:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)