newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
10-25-2015, 01:52 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(10-24-2015 08:30 PM)Helix Wrote:  
(10-23-2015 12:48 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  These commands should work not only on commands, but on identifiers too once the trailing dot is extended to mean "identifiers to be evaluated immediately". Perhaps the names should be different, since "exact" and "approx" don't really apply to the identifiers.
Any ideas for more generic names?

I'm not sure I undestand what you mean. An identifier without quotes is evaluated immediately. Could you give a short example of what you think?

Yes, but the quotes work only when the identifier is by itself, not inside an expression. The idea is that 'X.+2' evaluates X immediately, because the user "requested" it by adding the trailing dot.
There should be a command to make certain variables in an expression evaluate, perhaps:
'X^2+Y' 'Y' ->EVALNOW would produce the expression 'X^2+Y.' which would cause Y to be evaluated immediately next time the expressions is executed or operated upon. If Y is 4, then:

'X^2+Y' 1 + --> 'X^2+Y+1'
'X^2+Y.' 1 + --> 'X^2+5'

In the second case, only the Y was evaluated automatically, X will not be evaluated unless EVAL is called on the expression.

What I meant is that the name ->APPROX doesn't really work for variables, should be something like the EVALNOW above.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 10-25-2015 01:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)