newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
10-23-2015, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2015 12:42 PM by Helix.)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(10-19-2015 10:14 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  Latest ROM update as of October 19, 2015:
Changelog:
* Added multi-line command line editor
* Added autocomplete function
* First mode is always C when entering alpha
* ENTRY cycles between P and A only

To use autocomplete, just start adding letters, the suggested word will be displayed in the status area. Holding Alpha+cursors up and down will select next/previous suggestion.
Holding Alpha+ cursor right will insert the command in the command line.

As usual, please find bugs and report back.

Claudio

ALPHA mode:
- it is easy to use now, and I can say it is intuitive for me.
- I think that ENTRY works now as it should work in program mode. In algebraic mode, I think that some keys should remain active, for example the HIST key (or the STO key depending of the settings for the menus). This would permit to create a variable A with the sequence:
' ALPHA A ' ' HIST (or ' ALPHA+A HIST) instead of ' ALPHA A ENTER HIST

Multi-line editor:
- inserting the carriage return character inside a line shifts the cursor at an unpredictable place (end of the new line, beginning of the following line, or somewhere in the new line). It should be placed at the beginning of the new line.
- The down arrow key doesn't open the multi-line editor (probably not yet implemented…)

Autocomplete function:
- a lot of commands are missing
- they are arranged in an arbitrary order. Because of these two (temporary?) drawbacks, the autocomplete function is useless for me.
- if a complete list of commands can be displayed in alphabetic order, I imagine a long press on the arrow keys could scroll the list of commands.
- It would be nice also to have access to names beginning with a special character, for example <-HMS. Perhaps it should appear among names beginning by the letter H?
- If ON is pressed to quit the line editor, the suggested command remains in the status area. For example, R ON leaves ROT (If I remember correctly).

Other remarks:
- EEX should show e instead of E, to be consistent with the symbol used in the stack.
- 'A/2.' ENTER EVAL returns A

Jean-Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Helix - 10-23-2015 10:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)