newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
10-23-2015, 12:48 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(10-22-2015 08:59 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  Are there some easy (interactive and programmatical) means to declare an approximated number as exact again?

Greetings,

Matthias
Good point.
I didn't really think about it, but I believe they will become necessary. You could calculate something approximate, round to 4 digits for example, and then want to treat that number as an exact constant for input to an expression.
I'm thinking A→E and E→A could be good candidates (exact to approx and viceversa). But perhaps it should just be →EXACT and →APPROX.
These commands should work not only on commands, but on identifiers too once the trailing dot is extended to mean "identifiers to be evaluated immediately". Perhaps the names should be different, since "exact" and "approx" don't really apply to the identifiers.
Any ideas for more generic names?
As far as interactive, I don't know how often this will be needed, if it is justified to give it a dedicated key or just some menu entries somewhere for the commands above.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 10-23-2015 12:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)