newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
10-22-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(10-22-2015 12:47 PM)m@x Wrote:  Hello Claudio,

Sorry for interrupting this thread, but I would like to know if you have any plans to port newRPL to an emulator so that we can use it without actual device, on our PC-s, and, preferably, smartphones (something like emu48).

Regards,
Martin

That's already done, I just don't have the time to publish updated versions all the time, generating proper installers for all major operating systems is a big task. The ROMs in this thread are very informal and incomplete, for the early-adopter, hard-core RPL fans.

You can easily install the Qt libraries with Qt Creator on your operating system of choice, use git to checkout the sources from sourceforge, open the project file newrpl-ui.pro from within Qt Creator and hit "Run".
That will give you an emulated screen, and you can open and save sessions.
I have confirmed it builds fine on Windows, Linux and FreeBSD. I have no plans to make an android version for now, but it's not discarded for the future.

This is a one-time setup. After that, you'll be able to simply "git pull" updated versions and rebuild in one click.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 10-22-2015 01:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)