newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
10-22-2015, 12:51 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(10-21-2015 11:57 PM)Han Wrote:  Sounds exciting (esp. the auto-complete)! Will have to test it out this weekend.

There's a few things to consider about the current status of autocomplete:
* It lists all the commands that libraries declare, that doesn't mean I had the time to actually implement that command, so many commands might be suggested but give "Invalid Opcode" error when executed, this is expected.
* I enabled all libraries to expose all commands, but I haven't had the time to review one by one the special cases. Some libraries use internal words, which might be offered for suggestion, but cannot be decompiled by themselves. Until I scan through every library and un-list those special cases, you might see "INVALID_COMMAND" being suggested from time to time. This is expected.

I'm thinking of implementing a temporary full-width status area, perhaps with alpha-hold left cursor (similar to the way errors are displayed now), which provides 2 lines of text to display help about the suggested command. I'm not sure if two lines will be enough to show anything meaningful, though.
What do you think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-19-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 10-22-2015 12:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)