newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
10-11-2015, 01:08 AM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-01-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(10-09-2015 10:09 PM)Helix Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 01:46 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  That's a problem. Even the free STIX fonts don't have all those glyphs at once. The general font has U+2147/48/49, but only the italic font has U+212F, so you can't take plain text, and get it to display properly just by changing the font.
I think we might have to use just regular letters, unless more common symbols are found.

This question will probably arise with other characters too, which are not present in each font, like superscripts, subscripts, and some mathematical symbols. But I think we have no other choice here.
I think all the characters I used are present in the Arial Unicode that comes with all Windows OS, and I believe Linux and other OS's have an equivalent one.
The math symbols are more specialized, though, it's harder to find a good font.

(10-09-2015 10:09 PM)Helix Wrote:  My HP50g is different, but I realized that I had reassigned the right shift "_" key! Without this reassignment, both calculators switch to algebraic mode, and that makes sense indeed.
The main difference in newRPL, is that I have to do ENTRY twice to return to the Program mode, which represents 4 key presses, and it's not very convenient. Could it be changed to one ENTRY only?

I'll see if I can make it better. Ideally, it should switch modes automatically, but that could make it slower, since for instance a long program might need to be analyzed completely to determine if programming mode needs to be active (the opening bracket could be quite far).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-01-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 10-11-2015 01:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)