newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
10-09-2015, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 01:51 PM by Claudio L..)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-01-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(10-08-2015 11:39 PM)Han Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 09:26 PM)Helix Wrote:  In program mode, typing the "_" character switches to algebraic mode. I don't understand why.

Perhaps this is because complex units (products and quotients of units) are entered generally in algebraic form. On the other hand, I am not sure if the command line knows when a unit has "ended" so that it properly returns to RPN mode. Or does it?

This was on purpose, I thought if you are planning to write a unit you might want the algebraic mode, so it doesn't add spaces when you multiply/divide units.
EDIT: This is how the 50g does it, by the way.
The command line doesn't scan and automatically change mode (this is in my "nice to have" list, together with auto-completion of commands), the ENTRY key is functional just like it was on the 50g.

But if this makes it cumbersome, I can remove it and leave it without mode change. Let me know.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-01-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 10-09-2015 01:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)