newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
10-07-2015, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2015 12:25 AM by Helix.)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-01-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
This time I've had difficulties in flashing the calculator with the last rom. I've tried two times, and the screen remained blank, with only the flashing transfer indicator. I've tried resetting with a paperclip, removing a battery, but nothing happened. The On-A-C procedure was available, but again, the right shift – left shift – clear mem (or reset) did not work, the screen was still blank, with the flashing indicator.

So I decided to return to the previous rom, and when I put again the battery for flashing the calculator, I saw a screen saying that the memory will be wiped, with a "cont" button, as it occurred often (but not always) with the previous rom. Now the calculator runs correctly with the new rom.
It seems that removing a battery produces some random behaviors…

About trig functions, I wonder if we are not doing some hair-spitting here. I am very satisfied with the current RPL. It's easy to insert DEG or RAD at the beginning of a program, and after some thought, I believe that in algebraic expressions I won't be very pleased with things like 'ASIND(COSD(A)+SIND(B))' instead of 'ASIN(COS(A)+SIN(B))'.

Other comments :

The new features of units are cool indeed, as well as the functions UDEFINE and UPURGE!

Is there a difference between 1. and 1? I think that 1. ENTER should give 1 on the stack.

-1 ENTER √x doesn't work (maybe it depends on flags).

In algebraic or program mode, the +/- key adds – or NEG after a number, instead of changing its sign.

Jean-Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-01-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Helix - 10-07-2015 12:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)