newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
10-06-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-01-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(10-04-2015 09:57 PM)Helix Wrote:  I've played a bit with the temperature units, and I think it's a nice improvement.
For example sometimes I read English texts in which the author says for example that at the beginning the ambient temperature was 68°F, then after a drop of 12°F he observed [A], after another drop of 9°F he observed [B], and so on. All these conversions in °C are boring to do…
With newRPL there is only one conversion to do: 70_°F gives 20_°C
Then it's straightforward:
12_Δ°F - gives 13.33_°C
9_Δ°F - gives 8.33_°C, and so on.
I like that feature a lot!

There's a couple other improvements that are cool too:
{ 1 2 3 } _m/s --> { 1_m/s 2_m/s 3_m/s }
[ 1 2 3]_m
also [ 1 2 3 ] _m
vectors and matrices with units are useful for analytic mechanics, where the vectors are actual distances, forces, angular velocities, etc.
Complex numbers aren't directly allowed as (0,1)_m is a syntax error for now (it will likely stay that way). However, you can still apply a unit to a complex:
(0,1) _m --> (0,1)_m
I don't have any physical meaning or use for this, but it's allowed and operations will proceed as usual (thanks to newRPL's use of overloaded operators, many objects can have units without much trouble).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-01-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 10-06-2015 03:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)