newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
10-04-2015, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2015 06:59 PM by Claudio L..)
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-01-2015] Firmware for testing available for download
(10-03-2015 11:08 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  Like you, I could not find a list of supported units in the Prime's manuals (only a list of physical constants), but if you like the idea of adding the "missing" units, a list could be derived manually by us.
I don't have any problem adding more units. If you or somebody wants to prepare a list I'll be happy to add them.
They could also become an external "Prime unit pack", and define for instance the "inch" unit that caused some headaches.

(10-03-2015 11:08 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 06:15 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  What is a TURN mode? An angular unit where 1 unit = 2*pi radians?
Yes, exactly. In TURN mode, ASIN(1) results in 0.25, just like it results in 90 in DEG mode, 100 in GRAD mode or 1.57... in RAD mode. The basic idea behind it is that if the source or target representation isn't in any of the three traditional units in some kind of technical solution, why not work with a "neutral" unit (full circle = 1 turn)? Saves a step in ad-hoc conversions. I had implemented this in a software calculator a long time ago and found it to be intuitive and quite useful in practise. See:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-449...l#pid40343

Greetings,

Matthias

Interesting read. I tend to agree, but it's not common practice by any means. I'll have to think about it some more before adding it. I want to be very cautions about unnecessary "feature creep" at this early stage, because I might run out of ROM space before finishing the important stuff. If there's space in ROM when everything else is finished, then minor things like this are easy to add.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: [UPDATED Oct-01-2015] Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 10-04-2015 06:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)