newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-15-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download
I renamed the newrlpfw.bin on my laptop and re-downloaded it from the link above. In both cases the file length is 1364228 bytes.

I re-installed this newly downloaded firmware. At the end of the installation, the total size is reported as 0X0014D0F4.

I reset the calculator, and removed one battery. Wait 10 seconds. Put back the battery. Still dead :-(

Are these numbers ok ?

François

(09-14-2015 01:03 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  The only thing I can think of is that perhaps your firmware image is corrupted. You should try deleting it and downloading again from the link, just to make sure.

We all know there's something making it crash at first try, but everybody else was able to get it working simply by pulling a battery and giving it a second shot. The fact that 2 machines are doing the same tells me perhaps it's the firmware image that's bad.

EDIT: The best sequence I think for you would be: Flash it, and when it says "WAIT RESET", insert a paperclip in the reset hole. The screen will go blank and crash. At this point, pull one battery and put it back. It should work as it did for everybody else.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download - Francois Lanciault - 09-15-2015 02:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)