newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-10-2015, 03:49 AM
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download
(09-09-2015 11:51 PM)Han Wrote:  I should clarify. I did not mean that NXT should be an actual shift key. However, I recall that the 48/49/50 series could detect multiple keypresses all at once. Can we not detect whether an arrow key is pressed alongside NXT? If so, then would that not be sufficient?

The keyboard driver I wrote tracks the keys, the order in which they are pressed and the time they are pressed and released, and sends messages to the application. This is done to allow for rapid typing. For example, when you type 123 you may press 1, then press 2 then release 1 then press 3 then release 2 and finally release 3. The keyboard driver analyzes all this to determine that you meant to press 123, so it filters out the multi keys. Try typing very fast and you'll see that newRPL won't miss a keystroke, ever. If we want NXT to be pressed with other keys we'd have to disable the filtering. I'd rather get perfect numbers when I type fast than the NXT functionality you described.

(09-09-2015 11:51 PM)Han Wrote:  Sounds good to me; I never did like the GUI interfaces.
The only good thing about those menus was the long description vs the 5 letters in a soft key. What about a verbose mode where the same soft menus have an explanation line above? You could highlight a soft key with the cursors and a long description be shown above. The advantage is that once the user learns the explanation, using the soft menu becomes natural.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 09-10-2015 03:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)