newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-10-2015, 03:29 AM
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download
(09-09-2015 11:22 PM)Helix Wrote:  Now my first comments on the alpha mode:
At the beginning, I was unable to use efficiently the calculator, because I can't remember if the last mode was capital letters or lower case letters. This behavior is totally counterintuitive for me. But I figured out that I could press simultaneously the alpha key and another key to enter lower case letters, so my default mode remains the capital letters. Although I would prefer the capital letter as a default mode, I can live with this configuration. The only thing I have to remember now is to double tap the alpha key to leave the alpha mode.
Same thing happened to me. Once I got used to it, it's quick, and capitals is always default because it remembers the last mode. Now I find myself using alpha as a shift on my other 50g with stock Rom, which I find frustrating and a couple of weeks before it was second nature.
(09-09-2015 11:22 PM)Helix Wrote:  I have no problem with the cursors, but the modification we discussed privately could be interesting in my opinion, because in this case the letter inside the cursor would be slightly smaller than the current font, avoiding some confusion between the edited text and the cursor.
Yes, that will be implemented. For other readers, the glyphs of the cursor letters will be retouched to be clearer when inverted (with a black pixel all around), so they will interfere less with the text behind.
Soon I'll start work on the editor again to make it multiline and add copy/paste functionality. That's when I'm planning to change the cursors.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 09-10-2015 03:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)