newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-09-2015, 01:22 PM
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download
(09-09-2015 02:39 AM)Han Wrote:  Here were the exact steps I took to get mine to work:
It seems from the various posts here the only thing needed is to restart from a true power off state. Removing a battery makes it work. Do it twice if the first time doesn't do it.

(09-09-2015 02:39 AM)Han Wrote:  With the USB cable plugged in, one cannot turn the calculator off. It immediately turns back on.
Also without the cable.

(09-09-2015 02:39 AM)Han Wrote:  The variable keys should not activate the actual variables unless the VARS menu is visible. Right now, pressing APPS will recall the first variable even when the VARS menu is not visible.
The normal key function (APPS, MODE, etc) was moved to a long press.
I thought of hiding the vars menu as something temporary. However, I like your idea of going back to normal press when the menu is not visible. Showing VARS in the dark menu seems like a step backwards to me but it makes hiding vars more permanent. I'll probably implement it soon as it gives a retro-UI mode that many people will find comfortable.
(09-09-2015 02:39 AM)Han Wrote:  I like the font, except that 'w' and 'm' are one pixel wider than the rest.
The fonts are variable width for a reason. Those letters look better when wider. Almost every font has wider m and w. Same as i l and t being narrower. Numbers are all the same width so digits can align well in columns.
All fonts were artfully crafted by our friend Helix, and I want to take this opportunity to say they look great, and to give him due credit for an excellent job.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 09-09-2015 01:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)