newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-09-2015, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 02:59 AM by Han.)
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download
Here were the exact steps I took to get mine to work:

Flashed new firmware. When the screen shows WAIT RESET OR ENTER, I pressed ENTER. Then I had to remove all power sources (battery and USB cable -- I tend to use USB power when possible). Then I restored power (can either be putting batteries back in or just plug in the USB cable). I was then shown the prompt to install into RAM via "Cont" in the menu. The display looked like it was slightly garbled. Turning it off and back on seemed to do the trick. Thanks to Günter -- I did not realize what you had meant in your last post, but now it makes more sense.

With the USB cable plugged in, one cannot turn the calculator off. It immediately turns back on.

I am wondering if I need to repeat the steps above on the HP49G+. Will test tomorrow.

EDIT: (Comments on the demo)

The variable keys should not activate the actual variables unless the VARS menu is visible. Right now, pressing APPS will recall the first variable even when the VARS menu is not visible. I would imagine that this key would open apps (whatever that may be). Perhaps a regular press of VARS should show the VARS menu in the "dark" menus whereas long-pressing VARS should show the "light-grey" menus. So long as one of them is in view, then the corresponding keys (F1-F6 or G-L) should operate as soft menu keys. The idea I had in mind is that the "dark" menus are used to navigate the directory of various commands like back on the HP48 series. However, long-pressing VARS would bring up the VARS menu without affecting the dark menus so that one has access to both the directory of commands as well as one's own variables. On the other hand, if one simply expects the same behavior as that of the HP48 series, then a regular keypress would suffice.

I like the font, except that 'w' and 'm' are one pixel wider than the rest.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download - Han - 09-09-2015 02:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)