newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-08-2015, 05:09 PM
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download
(09-05-2015 10:45 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(09-05-2015 01:52 AM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  I don't own a 49g+ so I don't know for sure, but since the ADC won't be able to cope with the full battery voltage anyway, the hardware will most probably contain some kind of voltage divider to bring down the maximum possible voltage to an acceptable voltage for the analog input. If so, the hardware developers might have adjusted the voltage divider so that the different nominal battery voltage would be transparent to the controller.
Perhaps, I don't know.
(09-05-2015 01:52 AM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  Don't they both run at 75 MHz by default? If so, keyboard debounce timing should be the same.
The 49G+ was famous for very bouncy keys. Even setting up the KEYTIME properly it was common to get ddoubble keystrokes. The main reason for the 50g to exist was to fix this keyboard problem. But I believe newRPL will not suffer from that, even on an old 49G+.

Just tried to flash an HP49G+ and the flashing process went without a hitch. However, after the update is done the screen shows: WAIT RESET

After waiting for a prolong period, I just used the reset pin... and saw a blank screen (no sign that it even turned on). So I reflashed it back to 2.15. I wonder if I should have tinkered with the contrast setting... will try again later.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download - Han - 09-08-2015 05:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)