newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-06-2015, 07:06 PM
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download
(09-06-2015 04:39 PM)DavidM Wrote:  Good to know! Did I miss that in the docs somewhere? I don't recall seeing it. It's OK if it's not (I understand the current status of things), but I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.
Not on the docs, just above in this thread.

(09-06-2015 04:39 PM)DavidM Wrote:  Is it possible that the status of the RTC could be a part of this? Or possibly something in RAM (not flash)? I don't recall ever seeing this type of issue with other firmware updates. Just a thought.
Much of the interaction between the boot loader and the actual firmware is undocumented. I disassembled the start of the boot loader after a reset and there is very minimal configuration before passing control to the firmware, so it should never crash after a reset. At least in theory. NewRPL tries to reconfigure everything as if the bootloader wasn't there. But there might be unknown hardware wirings that require specific configurarion, it's still an unfinished task.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 09-06-2015 07:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)