newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-05-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download
(09-05-2015 03:00 PM)DavidM Wrote:  OK, so I installed the new firmware (twice) on my 49g+. Haven't done much yet, but here's some observations so far:

- The first attempt to install appeared to succeed, but I noticed right away that the calculator wouldn't power up with the "ON" key. I had to remove a battery for a couple seconds and replace it to get a response. Likewise, turning the calc off didn't happen when I pressed RS ON, either. The screen blanks for a brief moment, then immediately redraws with a "Memory Recovered" message at the bottom.
This is expected. The 49g+ required paperclip reset after flashing. The 50g added the option of pressing Enter.
The off function does a warmstart for now.
(09-05-2015 03:00 PM)DavidM Wrote:  - After the reflash, the IO annunciator is now flashing as expected. However, the power on/off anomalies mentioned above still exist in the same form. So for now, my "power key" is simply to remove or replace a battery.

I'll play with it some more as I have a moment over the next few days.

In theory there's no reason to require a second flash, but I observed that too on mine. Some bytes were not flashed correctly. In my case I blamed the batteries and put new ones but perhaps if the rom hasn't been flashed in a long time some bits may refuse to be erased or reprogrammed. The second burn with the same bit states seems to do it. Now that I'm reflashing very often the issue never reappeared.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download - Claudio L. - 09-05-2015 09:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)