newRPL: [UPDATED April 27-2017] Firmware for testing available for download
09-05-2015, 03:00 PM
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download
OK, so I installed the new firmware (twice) on my 49g+. Haven't done much yet, but here's some observations so far:

- The first attempt to install appeared to succeed, but I noticed right away that the calculator wouldn't power up with the "ON" key. I had to remove a battery for a couple seconds and replace it to get a response. Likewise, turning the calc off didn't happen when I pressed RS ON, either. The screen blanks for a brief moment, then immediately redraws with a "Memory Recovered" message at the bottom.

- Out of curiosity, I tried holding the RS and ON keys down longer than usual, thinking a key timing issue might be the cause. In that situation, the calculator turns off, but won't turn back on unless I do a PCR (paper clip reset).

- After trying several combinations of things, I noticed that in an earlier post you mentioned the flashing IO annunciator. That annunciator was not flashing on my unit, at least not at a humanly visible rate. It seemed slightly more dim than usual, so I suspect it was actually flashing very rapidly. Even with this condition, numeric input and basic math operations (+ - * /) seemed to work normally. But I went ahead and reflashed the newRPL firmware to see if the above anomalies would go away.

- After the reflash, the IO annunciator is now flashing as expected. However, the power on/off anomalies mentioned above still exist in the same form. So for now, my "power key" is simply to remove or replace a battery.

I'll play with it some more as I have a moment over the next few days.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: Firmware for testing available for download - DavidM - 09-05-2015 03:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)