(Re-)Print labels on back side of classics
09-03-2015, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 04:10 PM by Sadsilence.)
RE: (Re-)Print labels on back side of classics
Hi Ignacio,

I see, you understand my dilemma :-). Original labels in good shape are best, absolutely no point to discuss about.

Normally I repair units that are in seemingly bad shape with corroded contact springs due to leaking batteries. No way to do that right without completely disassemble calculators, cleaning case and internal electronics seperately, insert new brass contact springs etc. As classics series is built for eternity you can normally bring even really bad looking units back to life for the sake of completely removing labels or remaining parts of them.

HP-45 with it's "hidden" timer feature is my personal favorite. Inserting a tiny PCB with an adjustable oscillator as replacement for installed inaccurate LC curcuit or unavailable 784 kHz quartz you can get timer to an accuracy of about 0,01% or better instead of 10%...

When ready and everything is running a correctly labeled unit would be dot of an "i" as we say here.

So let's see how reprinted labels look like.

Best regards,

Werner
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Re-)Print labels on back side of classics - Sadsilence - 09-03-2015 04:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)