AS small alphanumeric signs
09-01-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: AS small alphanumeric signs
(08-31-2015 12:56 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(08-31-2015 08:30 AM)tigger Wrote:  In the var key I can not find my variables 'a' , 'b' or 'c'.

If you are working on a subdirectory, check the parent directories, as variables will be searched for in the current directory, and all its parents all the way up to HOME.
So if you don't find the variable in VARS, do UPDIR and see if they are there, and keep looking until you get to HOME.
I bet you left those defined in one of the parents.

I know the manual describes this pretty well, but here's what I currently do as a brand-new user to see all my defined variables. I turn on the calculator, I then hit Left-Shift, Files. That screen shows me a list of subdirectories, and the one I'm currently in is selected. If your cursor is not on Home, move the pointer to Home and hit F6. The Right-Arrow key on the cursor pad also does the same thing as F6.

You should then be shown a list of variables and subdirectories defined in Home. To view variables in another directory, hit the Left-Arrow to return to the list of subdirectories, choose another directory and hit F6 or Right-Arrow.

If you wish to change to a specific subdirectory, hit Left-Arrow again to get into the list of directories, then select the subdirectory you want. Hit F1, this will change your home screen to use that subdirectory's variables and any variables in parent directories. You will then be left at the calculator's starting screen, showing the stack.

If you hit the VAR key now, you'll see up to six of the variables in that directory. It will not show you variables from the parent directory on the softkeys. If you want to see other variables in that subdirectory (if you have defined more than six variables), hit NXT. You will then see the next six variables if any more than six exist. To see variables from parent directories, you have to change directories to the parent of your current directory.

Please ask if you need better explanations. The manual describes all this, I hope I've helped out.

(Post 10)
Regards, BrickViking
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
AS small alphanumeric signs - tigger - 08-30-2015, 12:19 PM
RE: AS small alphanumeric signs - Joe Horn - 08-31-2015, 03:35 AM
RE: AS small alphanumeric signs - tigger - 08-31-2015, 08:30 AM
RE: AS small alphanumeric signs - brickviking - 09-01-2015 08:46 AM
RE: AS small alphanumeric signs - tigger - 09-01-2015, 09:26 AM
RE: AS small alphanumeric signs - tigger - 09-03-2015, 08:27 AM
RE: AS small alphanumeric signs - tigger - 09-03-2015, 02:52 PM
RE: AS small alphanumeric signs - Joe Horn - 09-03-2015, 03:46 PM
RE: AS small alphanumeric signs - tigger - 09-04-2015, 08:54 AM
RE: AS small alphanumeric signs - tigger - 09-05-2015, 02:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)