Power supply for HP Spice series (european)
07-17-2015, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2015 05:17 PM by Geoff Quickfall.)
RE: Power supply for HP Spice series (european)
Hello Pascal

I assume you have a sealed two battery NiCad pack. You might consider changing to two single NiCads and purchasing an external NiCad battery charger. The caution is, don't force them into the battery holder. Newer batteries are a silly mm longer then the design called for, so shop around for the shortest ones in the market.

Others purchase a AAA dual battery holder, again shop around for one that fits, then they insert either rechargeable AAA or alkaline AAA. This if the battery tabs have been broken or fatigued.

Although the spice and others do not suffer the Woodstock power design fault I would suggest with the alternatives out there that there is NO need to stress 40 year old components in a vintage calculator for the sake of convenience! Yes I know, others will say; " I have never had a problem as long as you monitor your battery condition" but why risk it.

Geoff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power supply for HP Spice series (european) - Geoff Quickfall - 07-17-2015 05:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)