What do you do with your 95LX/100LX/200LX?
07-03-2016, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2016 12:18 AM by Helix.)
RE: What do you do with your 95LX/100LX/200LX?
I have acquired mine last year to learn compiled languages like Pascal or C.
Of course, an HP200LX is not required for that, I can learn C on my PC. But I find that development programs for PC are intimidating, because they are quite complex and I would have to learn these tools on top of learning a new language. I don't have this problem with Turbo Pascal, which I find rather simple to use, and more than enough for my needs.

Another advantage of the 200LX, is that I can use it on my bench in my garden, with a good book about programming in one hand. This is much more pleasant than being stuck indoors in front of my computer screen. It's easy to find on the used market old books about Turbo Pascal or Turbo C, at very low costs.

Later, I hope to adapt to the HP 200LX an astronomy program that I wrote for my HP50g. With a much bigger screen, and probably some speed improvement, there are certainly nice things to do.
Lot of fun in perspective…

I must admit that before reading this forum, I was not interested in the HP 200LX. But the numerous posts made by Dave Britten and some others have piqued my curiosity, and now I'm very happy to own this product. Thank you guys!

One big plus for me is that it is available in different languages, with the corresponding keyboards. So mine has an AZERTY keyboard, dedicated to French. It is so intuitive to use!

Jean-Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you do with your 95LX/100LX/200LX? - Helix - 07-03-2016 11:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)