What do you do with your 95LX/100LX/200LX?
06-30-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: What do you do with your 95LX/100LX/200LX?
(06-30-2015 02:00 PM)Paul Berger (Canada) Wrote:  The one annoying thing that would happen some time the batteries would go flat and it seemed the backup battery would follow shortly after and I would lose everything. A battery backed RAM card made that a little less annoying. Perhaps there is a fault in the 95LX causing excessive battery drain, but I have never pursued that.

There was a Sundisk flash card that would work with the HP-95LX. It required a driver to be loaded before you could access the card. If the HP-95LX batteries died then you wouldn't have the driver loaded to access your backup files on the card. The solution I used was to have a battery sram card with the drivers on it. If needed, I could insert the SRAM card, copy the drivers and autoexec/config files over, then reboot with the Flash card and have access to my files.

One problem was that the HP-95LX would always supply power, even when off, to the pcmcia card (this would be required for memory cards but not required for flash card) . So you always wanted to remove the flash card after turning the 95lx off - otherwise you could drain the batteries.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you do with your 95LX/100LX/200LX? - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 06-30-2015 02:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)